We are an ordinary group of people, of all ages and background who have found that Jesus of Nazareth gives our lives meaning and direction. We therefore explore together what this means for us and how we can express this in our relationships and actions.
For us, following Jesus commits us to:
- deepening our spirituality through relationship with the Mystery at the heart of all that is, whom we refer to as “God”
- acknowledging and respecting the Jagera and Turrbal people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather
- exploring questions about how we can understand and live out the Christian faith within a twenty-first century world view and society today
- linking with and serving the local community, and seeking the well-being of the community, especially people who are marginalised
- calling for justice in local, national and international issues.
We are a Fair Trade Faith Community. See http://fairtrade.com.au.
West End Uniting Church is an expression of the Uniting Church in Australia (UCA). We are therefore committed to the UCA’s Basis of Union, which may be accessed here: http://uca.org.au/about/basis-of-union.
There has been a faith community worshipping and serving the community on this site since 1885.
For further information on the Uniting Church in Australia, go to http://assembly.uca.org.au.