Welcome to the West End Uniting Church (Brisbane)
We welcome all who wish to worship with us.
This church is a safe place for all people to worship, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, cultural background or lifestyle. The church and hall are wheelchair accessible.
We affirm and celebrate the place of LGBTIQ people in the church, and welcome the decision of the Uniting Church Assembly to allow same-sex marriages to be celebrated in Uniting Churches.
Our church community
Following Jesus commits us to:
- deepening our spirituality through relationship with the mystery enlivening all that is, whom we refer to as “God”
- acknowledging and respecting the Jagera and Turrbal people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather
- calling for justice in local, national and international affairs
- linking with and serving the local community, especially those who are marginalised
- seeking the well-being of the local community.
We are a Fair Trade Faith Community (link to fair trade website).
We are committed to the safety of all participants, especially children. We are therefore committed to the Safe Church program. See http://ucaqld.com.au/safe-ministry-with-children.
Sunday Service Times
9:30am – Family Worship including children’s activities. Refreshments are served after worship in the hall at the rear of the church.
5:30pm – Contemplation Service (check Facebook/newsletter)
4:00pm – West End Explorers – (2nd & 4th Sundays); check Facebook and newsletters re times/events; or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located on the corner of Vulture and Sussex Streets, West End, Brisbane (adjacent to the well-known Boundary Street cafe and coffee strip and a ten minute stroll from South Bank). (Click here for a location map.)
Street parking is free on Sundays.
We are accessible by various West End bus routes, a short ride from the Brisbane CBD.
Please look at our News, Updates and Events page for events happening during the year!